Small Island Cultures Research Initiative
ISIC 9 – 2013
ISIC 9 – July 10-13, 2013
The Asia-Pacific Islands Program (a joint venture of Southern Cross University, Australia and Universitas Pattimura, Indonesia) are pleased to present a call for papers on the theme of ‘Sustainable Island Futures’ for ISIC 9, an international conference organised in collaboration with the Small Island Cultures Research Initiative (SICRI).
ISIC 9 will be held in Tual, in the Kei Islands (Eastern Indonesia)
Submissions for papers are invited on the following topics:
- The management and development of sustainable tourism on small islands
- The maintenance and development of the cultural heritage of small islands in an increasingly globalised environment
- The social practice of food security through agriculture and fisheries
Two types of paper will be considered:
- Papers delivered orally – these will be of a 20 minute duration and will be programed in panels
- Poster papers – which will be displayed together with scheduled discussion times at the main conference venue
All paper proposals will be peer refereed by an international panel.
Details as to transport, accommodation, schedules and related conference study trips will be posted on this site when they are finalised
An early acceptance program will commence in October 2012.
Provisional inquiries can be addressed to Professor Philip Hayward (Southern Cross University), Co-Chair of Papers and Panels at firstname.lastname@example.org